At South West Surveys, we run our own in-house drone operations. Our pilots are all CAA approved, fully insured and highly experienced in operating drones.
Drones are a fantastic tool to our surveying arsenal as they allow us to effectively collect data from otherwise out of reach places and accessible areas, or high-risk areas such as railways, motorways, dilapidated structures or small islands. Our team can complete surveys that originally would have been completely impossible in the past.
Features of our Drones
By using our 20mp lens or our 100mp cameras, we can provide a set of jpg images, which can also be supplied as a rich 3d pointcloud. This can be for sites in their entirety, or to complete pointcloud datasets where the terrestrial laser scan can’t reach.
Our lidar system is a great tool for surveying large tree covered areas as it has the ability to penetrate tree canopies and map the ground beneath. In one pass, our exceptional drone surveys could save days of traditional surveying and is a cost-effective and money saving method.
What Do Thermal Imaging Cameras Do?
By using our thermal imaging cameras, we can report on:
- The performance of your solar panels (IEC TS 62446-3: Photovoltaic (PV) systems-requirements for testing, documenting and maintenance) to ensure the panels are operating as they should, without fault.
- Reporting heat loss incurred by roofs on residential or commercial properties.
Using drones to survey power lines is a safer, quicker and more cost-effective method than alternatives which can often involve hefty hidden costs as well as health and safety violations.
What Information Can Drone Surveys Provide You With?
When covering large areas of farmland at a time, drones can provide you with a wealth of detailed data including plant health and vigour, weed location and density, precise area measurements and elevation changes across your farmland. Our drone surveying software allows us to supply clients with comparative reporting and analysis of the area, offering suggestions about how to interpret this data efficiently.
Drone Surveying Services We Offer
The drone surveying services we offer here at South West Surveys are impressive! Our team of experts utilise the latest drone technology to provide clients with first-class results and a comprehensive inspection of their site:
- Condition surveys
- Construction progress monitoring
- Asset management
- 2d orthomosaic maps
- 3d pointcloud
- Monitoring for marine, coastal or flooding
- Documentation of Heritage buildings & structures
- Inspection (roof, wind turbine, pylon, bridges, power lines, etc)
- Thermology (solar panels, roof heat loss, heavy industry)
- Volume & area calculations
- Field inspection and crop monitoring
- GPS position
- DTM (digital terrain models)
How South West Surveys Can Help
At South West Surveys, our drone surveyors are experienced, professional and are able to answer any questions you may have regarding our drone surveying service. To discuss your requirements in further detail, head over to our contact page.